- How can dividing whole numbers and fractions be represented through diagrams and pictures?
- How does order of operations impact finding the correct value of a numerical expression?
- How can algebra tiles be used to combine like terms and simplify algebraic expressions?
- How can a variable be used to represent a number?
- Division of fractions can be shown using diagrams.
- Whole and mixed numbers can be divided by fractions.
- Numerical expressions are solved by using the order of operations (PEMDAS).
- Algebra tiles can be used to represent combining like terms and simplifying algebraic expressions.
- Variables are used to represent numbers.
- Show division of fractions using diagrams.
- Calculate the division of whole and mixed numbers by fractions.
- Solve numerical expressions using the order of operations.
- Connect the use of algebra tiles to combining like terms and simplifying algebraic expressions.
- Interpret how a variable represents any number.
New Vocabulary Terms:
- combining like terms*
- constant term*
- order of operations*
- algebraic expression
- equivalent expressions