- How do I determine what is being compared when using unit rate?
- How do I use unit rates to make comparisons?
- How do I extend my understanding of division to include mixed numbers and decimals?
- How do I use symbolic manipulation skills ("magic" tricks) to rewrite expressions?
- Rates can be calculated and solved through real-world situations.
- Ratios and rates with both like and unlike units can be compared using ratios, tables, and graphs.
- Division of fractions, mixed numbers, and decimals can be solved more efficiently with algorithms.
- Expressions with combining like terms and the Distributive Property can be represented visually and algebraically.
- Calculate and solve rates, including unit rates.
- Compare ratios and rates with different units.
- Apply division concepts more efficiently to fractions, mixed numbers, and decimals.
- Compose expressions by combining like terms and using the Distributive Property.
New Vocabulary Terms:
- boundary point*
- inverse operation*
- multiplicative inverse*
- unit rate*
- constant term
- Distributive Property